NDA Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: UPSC conducts the National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam every year. The higher officials of the Union Public Service Commission are planning to conduct the exam on the given date. All the applicants can know the UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023 through this article. So, aspirants who are interested can Download NDA Syllabus 2023 PDF from the direct link which is given at the end of this page. Further, the NDA Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern that is enclosed here will help you guys in preparing well for the exam. Now know the NDA Syllabus 2023 Maths and NDA GAT Syllabus by moving to the next sections.
The written examination of NDA is usually divided into two papers namely Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). 300 Marks of subjects Mathematics, the time duration is 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Part-B will be for 600 Marks for the subject General Ability Test, the total time allocated for the exam is 2 hours and 30 Minutes. One-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty. Now, follow this article entirely to equip yourselves with UPSC NDA 1 Syllabus/ NDA Syllabus 2023 and start your preparation right away.
NDA Syllabus 2023 – Overview
|NDA 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I)|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023
Are you in confusion to know where to start your preparation for the NDA Exam? then here is an article that can help you know about the Latest NDA Syllabus Details & NDA Exam Pattern. All applicants can gain maximum marks in the UPSC NDA Exam 2023 by knowing the complete syllabus. For that reason, we provided the NDA 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. The NDA Exam Pattern defines the structure of the question paper, so check it in the below section. And by downloading the UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023 PDF candidates can save the Exam Pattern with Sub Topics of each subject.
NDA Exam Pattern 2023
|Mathematics||01||300||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|General Ability Test||02||600||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Total||900 Marks||5 Hours|
|SSB Test / Interview||900 Marks|
- The Papers in all will consist of objective Type Questions only. The question paper (Test Booklets) of Mathematics and Part-B of the General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hands. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
NDA SSB Interview Pattern (Intelligence and Personality Test)
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023 – Subject Wise
For the sake of aspirants, we provided the Sub Topics of each subject in UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023 PDF. All applicants who are going to participate in the UPSC NDA Exam 2023 must be aware of these Sub Topics. Because all questions in the UPSC NDA Exam 2023 will be asked based on these Sub Topics. So candidates can build a schedule for their test preparation by downloading the NDA 2023 Syllabus PDF. Use the below link to download the NDA Syllabus PDF.
★★ UPSC NDA Best Books ★★
NDA Maths Syllabus 2023
|Differential Calculus||Concept of a real valued function–domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions—examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.|
|Matrices and Determinants||Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.|
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations||
|Trigonometry||Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.|
|Vector Algebra||Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.|
|Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimension||Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.|
|Statistics and Probability||Statistics : Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon— examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical—examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
NDA GAT Syllabus 2023
|Name of the Paper||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge||400 marks|
NDA English Syllabus 2023
The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like : Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
NDA General Knowledge Syllabus 2023
The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects : Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events. – The syllabus given below is designed to indicate the scope of these subjects included in this paper. The topics mentioned are not to be regarded as exhaustive and questions on topics of similar nature not specifically mentioned in the syllabus may also be asked. Candidate’s answers are expected to show their knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.
NDA Syllabus 2023 for Physics (Section A) – Topics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy. Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments. Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non- conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of
Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays. General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA Syllabus 2023 for Chemistry (Section B) – Topics
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction. Acids, bases and salts. Carbon—different forms. Fertilizers—Natural and
Artificial. Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun-Powder. Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
NDA Syllabus 2023 For General Science (Section C) – Topics
- Difference between the living and non-living. Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues. Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs. Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Food—Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet. The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
NDA Syllabus 2023 For History, Freedom Movement (Section D) – Topics
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India. Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration. Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India. Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development. Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution. Impact of Science and Technology on Society. Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
NDA Syllabus 2023 For Geography (Section E) – Topics
The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects. Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric
Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World. Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities. Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
NDA Syllabus 2023 For Current Events (Section F)
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years. Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
NDA Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF
|UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023 – Important Link|
|To Download NDA 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern||Click Here|
★★ GK Questions ★★
★★ Aptitude Questions ★★
★★ Reasoning Questions ★★
★ English Questions★★★
All applicants who wish to Download NDA Syllabus 2023 PDF can do so from the above-attached link. Keep checking our site @ Freshers Now for more updates.