Draupadi Murmu is an Indian politician best known as a candidate chosen by the BJP for the 2022 Indian presidential election. Draupadi Murmu was born on Friday, 20 June 1958 (age 64 years; as of 2022) in Mayurbhanj, Odisha. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. Her hometown is Baldaposi village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha. She attended Ok.B. HS Uparbera College, Mayurbhanj. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Rama Devi Ladies Faculty, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Draupadi’s father’s name is Biranchi Narayan Tudu, who was a farmer. Her father and grandfather were the head of the village. She has two brothers, Bhagat Tudu and Sarani Tudu. She will also be the first person, whose origin is from Odisha, to be elected as the President.
She is the first person from a Scheduled Tribe to be nominated for the post of President of India. After a period of anticipation, the ruling NDA finally revealed its candidate for the 2022 presidential election. Draupadi Murmu was chosen as the presidential candidate for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) after top party officials and Prime Minister Narendra Modi met to discuss the matter. The date for the presidential election has been set as July 18, 2022. Read the article to know about Draupadi Murmu Biography, Family, Age, Achievements, and Religion. She identifies the Bharatiya Janata Party as her political affiliation. The BJP-led National Democratic Alliance has chosen him as their candidate for the presidency in 2022.
Draupadi Murmu Wiki
|Known for||Being chosen as a candidate from the National Democratic Alliance for the 2022 Indian Presidential Election by BJP|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Award||In 2007, she received the Nilkantha award for best MLA by Odisha Legislative Assembly.|
|Date of Birth||20 June 1958 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||64 Years|
|Hometown||Baldaposi village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|School||K.B. HS Uparbeda School, Mayurbhanj|
|College/University||Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts The Hindu|
|Ethnicity||Santhal tribe India Today|
|Address||She resides in village Baldaposi, P.O.-Rairangpur, W.No.-2 District, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|Relationships & More||–|
|Husband/Spouse||Shyam Charan Murmu (bank officer)|
|Children||Son- She had two sons, one of whose name is Laxman Murmu, who died in 2009, and the other died in 2013.
Daughter- Itishri Murmu (bank worker)
|Parents||Father- Biranchi Narayan Tudu (farmer)|
Cash: Rs. 1,80,000
Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 5,05,000
LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 1,30,000
Jewellery: Rs. 2,60,000
Gross Total Value: Rs. 1,075,000My Neta
|Net Worth (as of 2009)||Rs. 6,10,000My Neta|
Also Check Anushka Sen Bio
Draupadi Murmu Early Life
Murmu was born on 20 June 1958 and she is currently 64 years old. She was born in a family of village headmen who worked under the Panchayati Raj system.
Her name as a presidential contender first surfaced five years ago. If she is elected as the President of India, she will be the first woman of tribal origin and the second woman to serve in this position. Her previous position was as the ninth Governor of Jharkhand, which held from 2015 to 2021. She was born and brought up in an Indian state of Odisha. She is the first person belonging to the Scheduled Tribes to be nominated for the President of India, and she is also the first Governor of Jharkhand, who completed her five-year term and became eligible for re-election. The BJP-led NDA (National Democratic Alliance) officially nominated her for the presidential election in 2022, in which she is contesting against the opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha.
Also Check Navya Naveli Nanda Bio
Draupadi Murmu’s Political Careers
- She was elected as councilor of the Rairangpur district of Odisha in 1997. In the same year, she was elected as the Vice President of Rairangpur.
- In the 2000 assembly elections, she was elected as a BJP minister from the Rairangpur constituency and was in charge of the Department of Transport, Commerce, Fisheries, and Animal Husbandry till 2004.
- In 2004, she was re-elected as a BJP MLA from the Rairangpur constituency.
- He served as District President of BJP in Mayurbhanj and State President of BJP Scheduled Tribe Morcha from 2006 to 2009.
- In May 2015, she was elected as the Governor of Jharkhand. He served as the governor till 2021.
- In 2022, he was nominated as a candidate of the National Democratic Alliance for the 2022 Indian presidential elections.
Also Check Palak Tiwari Bio
- The year 1997 marked the beginning of Draupadi’s political career when she was elected to serve as a councilor for the Rairangpur district of Odisha. During the same year, she was also the Vice President of Rairangpur. Her tenure there was for one year.
- After her victory in the 2004 assembly elections held in the Rairangpur seat, she was later elected to the post of minister in the BJP. She started working in the Department of Transport, Trade, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry in 2000 and remained there till 2004.
- She was victorious in the 2004 assembly elections and this time she was selected to represent the BJP from the Rairangpur seat.
- In 2006, he won the election to serve as the state president of the BJP Scheduled Tribes Morcha and the district president of the BJP in Mayurbhanj. Between the years 2006 and 2009, he served in this position.
- She was elected to serve as the ninth Governor of Jharkhand in May 2015 and remained in that position till May 2021.
- He was nominated by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to run for the post of President of India in the 2022 elections.
Also Check Pooja Singhal IAS Bio
Draupadi Murmu Latest News 2022
On June 21, 2022, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi envisioned a caring Indian society, as the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) elected Smt. Draupadi Murmu is the candidate for the next presidential election in 2022. Draupadi has been a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party since its inception. She is now the official candidate of the Bharatiya Janata Party for the presidential election campaign of the National Democratic Alliance in 2022. The NDA reached an agreement on this in the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting on Tuesday.
Munawar Faruqui Age
Kanye West Net Worth
Elon Musk’s Net Worth
Kylie Jenner Age