12th January 2023 Current Affairs Quiz with Explanation
1. Which of the following weeks is known as Road Safety Week which is observed by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways under “Swachhata Pakhwada”?
A. 11th to 17th January 2023
B. 8th to 14th January 2023
C. 10th to 16th January 2023
D. 15th to 21th January 2023
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India is observing the
Road Safety Week from 11th to 17th January 2023, under “Swachhata Pakhwada”, to
propagate the cause of safer roads for all. During the Week, various activities are
being organized throughout the Country to create awareness among the general
public and give all stakeholders an opportunity to contribute to the cause of road
2. Consider the following statements about the Prithvi- 2 missile?
1. The Ministry of Defence said that DRDO, successfully carried out a training launch
of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
2. It is said that the Prithvi-II missile is a well-established system and has been an integral part of India’s nuclear deterrence.
A. Only 2 is correct
B. Only 1 is correct
C. Both 1 & 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
The Ministry of Defence said that DRDO, successfully carried out a training launch of
a Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur
off the Odisha coast. It said that the Prithvi-II missile is a well-established system and
has been an integral part of India’s nuclear deterrence.
3. Nepal’s New PM Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachand has secured a vote of confidence in Parliament. How many votes did prachand receive?
A. 275 Votes
B. 268 Votes
C. 256 Votes
D. 272 Votes
Dahal won a vote of confidence in the House almost unopposed. Pushpa Kamal Dahal received 268 votes in the 275-member parliament.
4. Ranj Pillai becomes the premier of the Yukon territory in Canada. To which origin did Ranj belong?
A. Indian origin
B. Canada’s origin
C. Both A & B
D. Only B
Canada’s Indian-origin Cabinet Minister Ranj Pillai will take oath as the country's tenth Premier of the Yukon Territory on January 14. He will become the second politician of
Indian heritage to lead a region in the country.
5. In which state PM Modi will Inaugurate Global Investors Summit?
B. Madhya Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Madhya Pradesh Global Investors Summit in Indore today, through video conferencing.
6. Consider the following statements about the world’s longest river cruise?
1. PM Modi to flag off the world’s longest Varanasi-Dibrugarh River cruise on Jan 13.
2. MV Ganga Vilas will begin its journey from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and travel
around 3,200 km in 51 days to reach Dibrugarh in Assam via Bangladesh.
3. It sails across 27 river systems in India and Bangladesh.
A. Only 2, and 3 is correct
B. Only 1,2 is correct
C. 1,2,3, are correct
D. Neither 1 nor 2
PM Modi to flag off the world’s longest Varanasi-Dibrugarh river cruise on Jan 13. MV
Ganga Vilas will begin its journey from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and travel around
3,200 km in 51 days to reach Dibrugarh in Assam via Bangladesh, sailing across 27
river systems in India and Bangladesh.
7. Prime minister Modi will also inaugurate the Tent City at which place?
Besides, prime minister Modi will also inaugurate the Tent City at Varanasi.
8. Which city will hold the 75th Army Day parade for the first time on January 15?
Bengaluru will hold the 75th Army Day parade on January 15. This is the first time the
event is being conducted outside the national capital.
9. Which IIT is conducting its Annual Cultural Festival Sarang from January 12 to 15?
A. IIT Madras
B. IIT Mumbai
C. IIT Delhi
D. IIT Rourkela
The 28th edition of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-Madras) Annual
Cultural Festival ‘Saarang’ will be conducted completely in physical mode this year.
10. Kerala set a Guinness World Record by kicking 4500 penalty shots in 12 hours under the ‘Dream Goal Penalty Shootout’ program. Which country’s record did Kerala cross?
Kerala beat Germany’s record of 2500 goals in 12 hours and set a world record through the Malappuram district.